WHAT IS BLOOMINGTON ROTARY?
Bloomington Rotary is one of more than 30,000 Rotary clubs around the world. Chartered in 1961, Bloomington Rotary members are civic-minded professional men and women who meet weekly and volunteer their time, money, and expertise in improving our community. The Rotary motto is “Service above Self.”
The purpose of the Bloomington Rotary STRIVE program is to motivate eligible Kennedy High School seniors to discover their own strengths and talents so as to increase their personal and academic achievement. Further incentives are offered through scholarships for a college education at Normandale Community College, Hennepin Technical College, or other colleges chosen by the students.
Kennedy High School 2013-14 Schedule (Open PDF)
STRIVE PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS:
- Most Improved GPA = $2,500 scholarship *
- Second Most Improved GPA = $1,500 scholarship *
- Third Most Improved GPA = $1,000 scholarship *
- Best Overall GPA = $1,000 scholarship *
- Best Attendance = $ 250 scholarship *
*For students attending Normandale CC, Hennepin Tech, Rasmussen, or Dunwoody, this amount may be matched.
CRITERIA TO RECEIVE AWARDS:
- Maintain maximum number of classes.
- Maintain STRIVE meeting attendance of 90% or better
- Maintain a C average or better in all senior year subjects.
- Attend Wednesday 7:45 AM STRIVE Meetings (See Attached Schedule)
- Accept the STRIVE Challenge by signing a commitment form.
- Report to class on time.
- Actively participate in the learning activities as directed.
- Treat other STRIVE members and mentors with respect and dignity.
- Honor requests of the teacher.
Bloomington Rotary members will schedule STRIVE meetings about twice per month at Kennedy High School throughout the year with students who accepted the STRIVE Challenge. Rotarians want to stay updated about everyone’s progress. These meetings will be approximately 45 minutes and breakfast refreshments will be provided!
A special Banquet to recognize all students and parents/guardians involved in the STRIVE program will be sponsored by the Bloomington Rotary Club in the Spring.
BLOOMINGTON ROTARY CLUB CONTACT:
Don Stiles 952-212-0228